You can’t escape it: the drought is a problem that’s on everyone’s mind. And now more than ever, irrigation specialists are cropping up like weeds, offering services to help you revamp your irrigation system so that you can save both water and money. Most of these people and the services/products they offer are legitimate. However, some are not.
Here are some questions you should ask any specialist so that you don’t end up getting left high and dry:
- How do your products work and what features about them save water? – A true specialist should be able to answer these questions clearly and in language you can understand.
- Will your products work with my specific irrigation system and how? – Matching products to your specific needs is imperative. Ask for an on-site demonstration as well as any other information pertaining to the product the salesperson is trying to sell you.
- How long has your company been in business and for how many years have you been working in the field? – An honest specialist will be happy to give you his or her credentials as well as references you can contact for further information. Beware of anyone who seems evasive regarding either of these points.
- Are your products cost effective? – Spending a lot of money on new equipment just to save a few dollars’ worth of water may not always be the wisest move. Carefully consider what the real savings are over the long term and whether or not the investment is really worth the expense.
- What’s the percentage of water I can save? – A specialist looking to make a quick sale will likely quote you high percentages without telling you the assumptions on which those percentages are based (for example, that your irrigation system is set to maximum all year).
South Austin Irrigation is a company that does business the old-fashioned way: with integrity. When we make recommendations regarding your irrigation system, we do so only after we’ve considered your specific situation And equipment. And we stand behind our work 100%. Call us today: we’re happy to answer any and all questions you have about your irrigation needs.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter